Boy, what a week it has been! I hope y’all have had a better week than I have. Don’t get me wrong, it could have been way worse and I’m thankful it wasn’t. It’s just these week kind of sucked for me. Surely I’m not the only one who experience weeks that just simply suck? Right?
Instead of focusing on all the bad, let’s focus on something positive and fun! I like that idea much better! You may be wondering how this blog post will achieve that and I’m about to tell you, but first a little back story.
It all started on Wednesday. That was by far the worst day of my week. After everything that happened that day, I was already done and just wanted to go to bed. I had plans to meet up with a few friends around 7:30 to study for our test the next day. When that turned out to be more of a girl talk session than study session, I decide to go home and study on my own. So, I called my roommate to tell her I was on my way home and she asked me if I could stop at Sonic and get her a drink. It wasn’t until then that I realized I hadn’t eaten all day so I decided to grab some food while I was there. I ordered and was patiently waiting for my food to come when I saw it. Right there on the menu was the new add for Sonic’s Pancake on a Stick. Those. Are. My. Favorite. As a reply Snapchat to my roomie/bestie, I took a picture of the ad and drew a heart around it and said “One way to win my heart”.
And boom! There was a blog post idea! Why not share a list of things that make me happy and will totally win over my heart? It may be cheesy or lame, but oh well. So here goes nothing!
- First off since I already kind of told you, Pancake on the Sticks are the shit. I love breakfast food. So wrapping up a sausage link in pancake batter and drizzling it with syrup is amazing in my book!
- Basically, you take me to a breakfast type restaurant like IHOP or Denny’s and I’m happy.
- Anything that has to do with goats or cattle. Take me to a livestock show? I’m happy. Take me to go check the herds? I’m so there. Show me cute pictures of them? I’m happy. Or maybe show up at my door step with a goat kidd or calf? Hell yeah I’m happy!
*The point above will generally work on most animals. There are a few exceptions though…
- Romance novels. I’m totally that girl who loves reading love stories and I am not afraid to own up to it. You give me a kindle library full of them or even a couple hard copies (I’m not really picky on which platform I like) and I’ll be happy. One of my favorite thing to do is curl up on the couch by the fire and read, or when it’s nice outside I like to sit outside on the porch swing and read.
- Drive around backroads and blare good music with me. I love doing this. It’s a good way for me to clear my head. It’s also even better when someone tags along. Seriously though, if a guy took me on a date that consisted of driving around after we had dinner at IHOP I would be totally happy. I’m a very simple girl. It’s the little things in life you know?
- Take me to a concert. Another thing I love are country music concerts. It’s so loud in there that I can sing as loud and horrible as I want to all my fav songs and nobody can hear me. It’s great. Plus, it gives me an excuse to dress up every now and then. For real though, if someone get me tickets to George Strait I would love them for the rest of our lives.
- Vanilla Root beer from Sonic. Enough said.
These are just a few things off the top of my head. Maybe one day I’ll add to this list with more, but until then I’m satisfied with this list. Truth be told this actually helped. It was nice to pause and think about things that make me happy instead of dwelling over an unfortunate week. So, the next time you’re having a shitty week (I sincerely hope you don’t) just take a minute to think about things that make you happy enough that could win your heart over.
That’s all I have for you for now. I hope you enjoyed this fun little random post!